The EnCAP-IT Solution
Every site has unique challenges, but every project EnCAP-IT undertakes benefits from our foolproof approach, which is to:
- Fix the problem
- Exceed safety requirements
- Protect the environment
- Provide the lowest cost solution
Why Partner with EnCAP-IT?
When outside forces make “business as usual” no longer an option, teaming up with EnCAP-IT enables you to:
- Implement a safe solution
- Protect the environment
- Save money
- Fast-track regulatory approvals
- Benefit from our world-class experience and expertise
Why EnCAP-IT’s Macroencapsulation?
Its safety is unparalleled
This eMSE berm (pictured right) is 55′ high, constructed of coal combustion residuals (CCRs) and contaminated soil. In 2011, the vertical expansion berm withstood a 5.8 – 6.0 (Richter Scale) earthquake in Virginia. Three days later, it withstood the fury of Hurricane Irene, dumping 7-8″ of rain in 12 hours, with 65 mph wind gusts and 45 mph sustained winds. Follow-up inspections revealed NO damage to the berm from either event, thanks to:
- Proper design, construction quality control (CQC) and construction quality assurance (CQA).
- Internal and external drainage controls using an EnCAP-IT-patented proactive internal drainage system.
- Liquid/pore pressure management. No liquids = No liquefaction.
- Encapsulation to eliminate moisture, with a uni-axial geogrid for added stability.
- Berms constructed with unencapsulated, non-cohesive CCRs or other materials do not have this important protection.
When your solution is a money-saver to implement, you gain the financial freedom to have truly first-class construction. EnCAP-IT technology beneficially reuses certain materials, dramatically decreasing — in some cases, eliminating — construction costs. For example:
- Municipal solid waste landfill expansions, levees or dams – The third party generating usable fill material pays the landfill a gate fee for its disposal. This additional revenue may offset the cost of construction.
- Utilities – Power plants can minimize costs of wall construction or berm stabilization by using as fill material the CCRs they create themselves as a production byproduct.
You leverage existing permits and maximize land you already have.
Lateral expansion typically involves a lengthy timeline for permitting, land acquisition, design and construction. EnCAP-IT methods require only amendments to existing permits, which are easier and quicker to obtain.
BONUS: Because the status quo remains largely undisturbed, you lessen the potential of nearby residents launching NIMBY (“Not In My Backyard!”) objections during the permitting process.
Bottom Line: Macroencapsulation is the most logical way to go.
Let Us Help You
EnCAP-IT’s network of engineering and solid waste management professionals support responsible reuse. Contact Us and help your business resolve thorny environmental issues with economical solutions that will last generations.
EnCAP-IT has invested heavily in protecting its intellectual property by obtaining patents on its designs, with further patent applications pending. We also own several registered trademarks and other intellectual property.
We claim exclusive copyright to all text, presentations, illustrations and linked documents available on this site, and they may not be reproduced anywhere, in any form, without express written permission from EnCAP-IT.
We’re proud to be a market leader with state-of-the art design techniques that are efficient, cost-effective and environmentally sound. We’re pleased to share our methods with you to help you in making informed decisions about working with us. We simply ask all visitors to this site to respect our ownership of the material found here.